With the onset of summer, dressing up in the heat becomes quite a challenge. If you find yourself opting for lighter, breezier fabrics, tissue silk fabric is your best friend this season. Sarees made from tissue silk are known for their soft, airy texture and shimmering appearance, achieved through fine metallic threads woven into the fabric. Tissue Silk Saree are typically embellished with intricate embroidery, sequins, or beadwork, making them a popular choice for weddings, formal events, and special occasions. The sarees are available in a range of colors and designs and are often considered a symbol of elegance and sophistication in Indian culture. Before we delve into tips and tricks for taking care of them, here are a few sarees you must have a look at for this festive season -
- This Lilac Handloom Tissue Chanderi Silk Saree was designed using an intricate technique called "eknaliya". It is light and soft and is handcrafted with zari fringe to accentuate your look. The Lilac hue makes it perfect for less formal occasions.
- A perfect blend of elegance and grace, this saree is made from the finest quality silk and is handcrafted with precision to give you a flawless and timeless look. The saree features a refreshing lime green color that exudes an aura of freshness and vibrancy. The texture is light, and airy and has a distinct sheen that reflects the light beautifully. The saree comes with a matching blouse piece that can be tailored to your preferred style and size.
1. Always check the care label
Before washing or cleaning your Tissue Silk Saree, make sure to check the care label for any specific instructions. The care label will provide important information about the fabric, including its composition, cleaning instructions, and any precautions that need to be taken. If the saree is dry clean only, then do not attempt to wash it at home.
2. Avoid direct sunlight
Direct sunlight can cause tissue silk sarees to fade and become discolored over time. When storing your saree, make sure to keep it away from direct sunlight or any other sources of light. You can store your saree in a closet or wardrobe with a moisture-absorbing packet to prevent any moisture buildup.
3. Use a gentle detergent
When washing your tissue silk saree, always use a gentle detergent that is specifically designed for delicate fabrics. Avoid using any harsh detergents, bleach, or fabric softeners as they can damage the fabric and cause discoloration. If the saree has any stains, try to remove them with a gentle stain remover or by using a mixture of water and vinegar.
4. Hand wash with care
Hand washing is the best method for cleaning Tissue Silk Sarees. To hand wash your saree, fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water and add a small amount of gentle detergent. Gently swirl the saree in the water, ensuring not to rub or wring it. Rinse the saree with clean water until all the soap has been removed, and then gently squeeze out any excess water. Hang the saree to dry in a shaded area, making sure to avoid direct sunlight.
5. Iron carefully
Ironing Tissue Silk Sarees requires special care to avoid damaging the delicate fabric. Always iron your saree on a low heat setting and use a pressing cloth or a thin cotton cloth to protect the fabric. Do not apply too much pressure when ironing as this can damage the fabric or leave iron marks. If the saree has any embellishments or embroidery, iron on the reverse side to prevent any damage.
6. Store carefully
Proper storage is essential to keeping your tissue silk saree in good condition. Always fold your saree neatly and store it in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight. You can wrap your saree in a clean cotton cloth or muslin fabric to prevent any moisture buildup or insect damage. Avoid hanging your saree for long periods of time as this can cause stretching or deformation.
7. Take it to a professional cleaner
If you are unsure about how to clean or care for your Tissue Silk Saree, then it is best to take it to a professional cleaner who specializes in delicate fabrics. They will have the expertise and equipment necessary to clean your saree without causing any damage. Make sure to inform the cleaner about any stains or discolorations so they can take appropriate measures.
In addition to these tips, here are a few things to keep in mind to care for your Tissue Silk Saree:
- Do not wear jewellery or accessories that can snag or tear the fabric.
- Do not spray perfume or apply deodorant directly on the saree as this can cause discoloration.
- Do not store your saree in plastic bags as this can trap moisture and cause mould or mildew growth.