If you've already made the decision that 2023 is the year you want to get married, it can be overwhelming to look into the top fashion trends for Indian wedding outfits. In the era where Pinterest and Instagram guide not only the bride and groom’s look but also of the immediate family and friends, shopping for wedding wear can get very stressful.
Brides today want their outfits to speak volumes about her sense of fashion and uniqueness. The modern Indian bride is an independent woman who doesn't mind taking chances and wants an outfit that reflects her personality in the best light possible. It’s not only about getting the perfect Instagram shot but also about individual expression. And to top it all, outfits, now, are also expected to be comfortable. What should you be looking to get now that it is evident that choosing the heaviest outfit in the store is no longer the only option?
Indian Summer Weddings in 2023 are expected to be a mix of tradition and modernity, with bold colours, fusion wear, and minimalistic styles all set to be popular. A easygoing, contemporary appearance has been described as the bridal trend for this year. Pastel tones were taking the place of classic reds in 2022, but they soon transitioned to more creative colour schemes. Intriguing shades of white, mustard, bronze, and blue, as well as blingy 3D decorations, crystals, bustier cuts, interchangeable ensembles, and outfits that tell stories, may be found on the modern bridal colour chart in 2023. The wedding fashion in 2023 is expected to be more extravagant than before!Here are some of the key fashion and bridal trends to look out for in 2023:
- Bold Colors: Brides and grooms will be embracing bold, bright hues in their wedding outfits. From fuchsia and emerald green to saffron yellow and turquoise blue, expect to see a range of eye-catching colours.
- Pastel Hues: For those looking for something a little more understated, pastel shades like lavender, mint green, and powder blue will be popular for summer weddings. These soft colours are perfect for creating romantic and feminine looks.
- Fusion Wear: The fusion of traditional Indian and Western styles will continue to be a key trend in 2023. Brides will be opting for fusion lehengas , sarees , and gowns that combine traditional elements with contemporary styles.
- Light Fabrics: When it comes to summer weddings, it's all about staying cool and comfortable. Light, breathable fabrics like chiffon, georgette, and organza will be favoured for wedding outfits, helping to keep the wearer cool and comfortable even in the heat.
- Floral and Nature-Inspired Designs: Expect to see plenty of floral and nature-inspired designs on bridal wear in 2023. From floral prints and foliage patterns to botanical motifs, these designs will add a touch of freshness and natural beauty to bridal outfits.
- Embellishments: Bridal outfits will be given an extra touch of sparkle and shine with delicate embellishments like pearls, crystals, and beads. These embellishments will add a touch of glamour and luxury to bridal outfits, making them perfect for special occasions.
- Jadau and Kundan Jewelry: Traditional jadau and kundan jewellery will be a popular choice for brides in 2023. These pieces, including necklaces, earrings, and bangles, will add a touch of regal elegance and sophistication to bridal outfits.
- Minimalism: Simple, elegant, and minimal styles will also be in trend in 2023. Brides will be opting for clean lines and minimalist adornments, creating looks that are both sophisticated and understated.
- Light Dupattas: Dupattas in sheer, light fabrics will be popular in 2023, as they offer a touch of coverage without feeling too heavy. These dupattas will be the perfect complement to summer wedding outfits, helping to keep the bride cool and comfortable.
- Groom's Fashion: The groom’s fashion will also reflect the bold colour trend, with brightly coloured Sherwanis and Indo-Western jackets being popular choices. Expect to see grooms making a statement with their wedding attire, choosing outfits that are stylish, bold, and modern.
While some brides would never consider going to their weddings wearing anything other than the customary ruby red, there is a growing group who are keen to experiment. In this area, subtle pastel tones are an absolute triumph and seem like the perfect choice for a summer wedding. The calmness that comes with pastel tones completely offsets the scorching heat and the entrile bridal party looks
A lot of leading Bollywood celebrities such as Anushka Sharma, Kiara Advanu, Neha Dhupia and Neha Kakkar, to name a few, choose to dress in pastels for their big day. The colours rose quartz, pink, peach, white, and gold are popular selections for the pheras ritual. This colourful story can be readily expanded to include all of the wedding-related activities, not just for the bride and groom but also for the rest of the bridal party.
Here are some of our picks keeping the trend for 2023 for summer weddings in mind to help you ensure that you and your bridal party looks their best on your big day -
Handloom Offwhite Pure Katan Silk Banarasi lehenga Set
Turn heads in this lovely Offwhite banarasi lehenga that's been handcrafted from the finest katan silk fabric. This classy white lehenga is ideal for cocktail parties and other festive occasions. Zari jaal is used to complete the lehenga and it accompanied by a banarasi silk blouse and matching organza dupatta.
Pigeon Blue Handloom Pure Katan Silk Banarasi Lehenga with Gotta Patti Dupatta and Blouse
The perfect, in-trend outfit this lehenga is a timeless classic. Made from opulent katan silk fabric, this includes an organza dupatta with gota work and a blouse made of fine silk.
Handloom White Mughal Jaal Pure Katan Silk Banarasi lehenga with Gotta work Zardozi Dupatta and Blouse
Leave the crowd spellbound as you twirl in this handwoven white banarasi lehenga made of the finest katan silk. The entire lehenga is decorated with Mughal jaal patterns is accompanied with a blouse made of chanderi silk and an organza dupatta that match.
Handloom Light Pink Shikargah Pure Katan Silk Banarasi Lehenga with Organza Dupatta and Blouse
This beautiful, intricately handwoven banarasi lehenga is a masterpiece and comes with a matching pure silk blouse and organza dupatta. Stunning Shikargah Motifs drawn from flora and fauna enhance the entire appearance, making this a worthy addition to your festivities.
Mauve Handloom Pure Katan Silk Banarasi Saree With Broad Zari Border
This exquisite mauve saree is a work of exceptional art from the sacred city of Banaras. Finished with the silky smoothness of katan, it includes a wide, glossy zari border that adds to its elegance and comes with a blouse piece in the same colour.
Peach Handloom Pure Katan Silk Banarasi Saree With Bel
A versatile and traditional stapel, this graceful banarasi saree comes in a fresh peach hue. Boasting of an elaborate gold and silver zari aada jaal, this saree is elegantly completed with opulent borders and a pallu bursting with floral designs in cutwork weave.
Pastel Green Handloom Pure Kora Tissue Banarasi Saree With Cutwork Jamdani Weave
Made from pure Moonga tissue in a lovely pastel green, this saree is a showstopper. It makes for an ideal attire for a mehendi function. A perfect saree for the bride’s best friend or sister, this green and gold tissue saree is made by skilled craftsmen with experience in crafting such outstanding silhouettes.
Author - Aditi Bapna