Sarees have always been integral to the Indian culture, an epitome of sheer grace, elegance and century old traditions. The world of saree has beautifully evolved over the years to resonate with the women of today. A myriad celebration of femininity, the saree, offers an alluring blend of tradition and contemporary style.
We have fallen in love with its versatility over and over again from one occasion to the other, a formal dinner, a cultural celebration or even your day work wear. The saree is always a head turner and a means of self-expression. You can experiment with different drapes, fabrics, and designs which is a reflection of one’s distinct style and individuality. The saree truly embodies the essence of womanhood, celebrating their indomitable spirit, confidence and a connection to the roots.Over the years, many Bollywood celebrities have embraced saree ensembles inspiring us with their enchanting looks. Here, we uncover Anushka Sharma’s love for sarees, exploring the stunning sarees she has worn across various events, movies, and awards shows and the stunning collection at WeaverStory where you can discover similar pieces.
The saree chronicles of Anushka Sharma
Along with being a wonderful actress, Anushka Sharma has won our hearts not only with her pretty smile but also her impeccable fashion choices. She loves adoring sarees on different occasions where her love for the traditional Indian attire reflects her admiration for Indian craftsmanship and the art of weaving. Anushka Sharma's enchanting saree choices extend beyond her on-screen appearances. The talented actress has graced numerous award shows and red-carpet events with her breathtaking saree looks, leaving a lasting impression on fashion enthusiasts. Let's dive into some of her outstanding saree moments at award shows and other prestigious events.
1. "Sui Dhaaga: Made in India'': In the movie "Sui Dhaaga: Made in India," Anushka Sharma played the role of Mamta, a small-town woman. Her character showcased the simplicity and grace of everyday cotton sarees, reflecting the true essence of the Indian community, their exquisite craftsmanship and the art of handloom weaving.
2. "Band Baaja Baaraat": In her breakout role as Shruti Kakkar in "Band Baaja Baaraat," Anushka Sharma portrayed a determined and ambitious wedding planner, giving us major ‘dream job’ goals. Her character's vibrant and energetic personality was reflected in the sarees she wore colorful chiffon with unique prints to traditional embroidered silks Her saree choices in the movie perfectly captured her quintessential character.
3. Filmfare Awards: Anushka Sharma's appearance at the Filmfare Awards has always been highly anticipated. Known for her flawless style, she has donned an array of stunning sarees that have garnered attention and praise. From soothing pastel hues to vibrant shades Anushka has effortlessly carried off different styles and designs.
4. IIFA Awards: At the IIFA Awards, Anushka Sharma left us all transfixed with her refined saree looks - Whether it's a traditional handloom saree or a contemporary designer creation, she has embraced various fabrics and patterns, making a strong fashion statement. Her IIFA saree looks have often been a perfect blend of elegance and modernity.
5. Cannes Film Festival: Anushka Sharma's appearances at the Cannes Film Festival have always been a delight for fashion enthusiasts' eyes. Known for bold experiments with her style, she has opted for unique and unconventional saree choices. From ethereal sheer sarees to unconventional drapes, she has truly pushed the boundaries of traditional fashion at this prestigious event.
Through her roles, Anushka Sharma has showcased the versatile beauty of her saree looks, demonstrating that this traditional attire can be adapted to suit various characters and narratives. Her ability to seamlessly blend traditional with the modern has always inspired us and the timeless appeal of sarees in Indian cinema.WeaverStory: Where culture meets elegance:
WeaverStory celebrates the rich heritage of Indian textiles and craftsmanship. They bring together a collection of exquisite sarees and other traditional garments, highlighting the skill and artistry of weavers across the country.Check out the Red Handloom Pure Katan Silk Banarasi Saree With Kadhwa Booti