If there is someone who still makes us drool over her ‘Desi Girl’ look is our beloved Priyanka Chopra. Someone who has built a global presence and makes us proud with her sartorial choices. Always a head turner, PeeCee has floored us with her statement saree choices - the latest one? Her custom made sari by Amit Aggarwal for the Cultural Gala at NMAAC. You know our love for traditional Banarasi sarees and this iconic look was a unique blend of modern and traditional - a 60 year old vintage Banarasi brocade material featuring silver threads and gold electroplating on khadi silk. The saree was beautifully draped with a holographic bustier reflecting 9 colours of the Ikat weave. The ensemble handcrafted in the city of Varanasi by craftsmen over 6 months with original vintage textiles..
From chiffon, organzas, silks to lace one, Priyanka’s wardrobe is stocked with some exquisite sarees.
Sarees hold a special place in Indian culture and have been cherished for centuries. The love for sarees is deeply rooted in tradition, elegance, and the timeless appeal they exude.
Sarees are more than just garments; they are a symbol of grace, femininity, and cultural heritage. Each saree tells a story through its colors, patterns, and fabric choices. The wide array of saree styles, such as Banarasi, Kanjivaram, Chanderi, and many more, reflects the regional diversity and craftsmanship of India.
Looking for some PeeCee inspirations?
A saree has strikingly been her top choice for some of the major events and why not?
We definitely skipped a heartbeat when she gracefully slipped into a 9 yards wonder - an electric black saree with scalloped borders on pally on the global platform for her Oscars pre-party attire. How can we forget the way she dazzled in a transparent yellow saree winning the Padma award or how beautifully she adorned designer floral print sarees for her film promotions. Being rooted in her traditions is what we admire about her and she never fails to disappoint us with her extravagant choices. Check out this organza saree she wore in a pretty shade of pink for Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas wedding, making the sky go pink Or a fully hand embroidered golden sequined saree at the Marrakech International Film festival - tell us about carrying that BLING! wherever she goes.
And fret not if it's about pulling off a traditional attire with a hint of western influencers - she will only leave you spellbound with monochrome striped saree paired with boots.
Some reasons why we all can look up to Priyanka Chopra for saree inspirationsA globally renowned Indian actress, Priyanka has been wearing sarees on various occasions - red carpet events, award shows, Indian festivities and functions - showcasing her elegant and stylish looks. From sizzling gowns, bold outfits to enchanting looks, her unique picks makes her the fashionista she is. Her remarkable style has a significant impact on the fashion world creating a modern, chic and glamorous style statement with a touch of elegance and confidence.
- Open to experimentation - Priyanka inspires us to go out of the ordinary with different styles whether it's bold and edgy to classic and traditional ensembles. She gracefully embraces the ongoing trends not afraid to take risks with her wardrobe choices.
- Glamour and more glamour - Priyanka has consistently stunned us with her looks on global platforms with her magnificent saree ensembles, beautiful gowns, statement jewellery exuding confidence and sophistication.
- Fusion fashion - Tell us about blending traditional Indian elements with contemporary fashion trends. She effortlessly combines Western and Indian fashion, incorporating traditional Indian attire like sarees and lehengas into her wardrobe while adding a modern twist.
- Attention to detail - Intricate embroidery, unique textures, fine prints to statement jewels - she understands the power of dressing complimenting her look with perfect pieces.
- Versatility - Priyanka effortlessly adapts her style to different occasions pulling off versatile looks with nothing but confidence and grace. From casual streetwear to high fashion couture!
Priyanka Chopra's style statement is characterised by her fearless, BOLD fashion choices, confidence, and ability to blend different styles to create her unique and iconic looks.Check out these collections at WeaverStory that draws inspirations from Chopra’s gorgeous saree ensembles:
Banarasi Sarees: Epitome of traditional Indian weaving heritage
Traditional Indian sarees originate from the holy city of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, India. These sarees are known for the sheer elegance, opulent designs and fine silk fabric. Typically handwoven using gold and silver brocade threads curating elaborate patterns inspired by Mughal motifs, floral designs and geometric patterns. Each piece in our exquisite Banarasi saree collection is meticulously designed with precision and love by Indian craftsmen .
Hand Embroidered Saree: The art of intricacy and meticulous design
We are immensely proud of our striking Indian traditionals and delicately hand embroidery that never fails to leave an impression, wherever you go. Intricate designs, mesmerising patterns embellished on dark or light shades with shimmering gold and silver threads. Weaverstory has a unique collection of hand embroidered sarees - a work of art by skilled artisans using a myriad of embroidery techniques like zari, zardozi, sequins, beads or mirrors.
Author - Aarushi Sharma